Sunday, December 27, 2009

Geo caching

Hubby gave me a hand held GPS unit so we can go geo-caching, and that's how I spent the afternoon today - looking for caches.

We found two sites easily but the log book was missing from the first site, all that was left was the pencil. So we just continued onto the next one. We found the cache, which was well hidden, and of course the rules are that if you take something out of the cache you must put something back. I took out a purple stone and put in a Canadian Tire bill which was folded up like a shirt, origami style.

I had a blast and we walked around today for a couple of hours. We took one unintended side track when we followed a set of coordinates that had been entered improperly. The weather was perfect though, the birds were singing and there were animal tracks in the snow everywhere we looked. I can hardly wait for my next outing, I just hope we don't get any heavy snow fall for awhile.



Thanks Hubby for a great gift, one which I have wanted for quite awhile, plus I'm getting some exercise and vitamin D.

2 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Glad you had an enjoyable and fun day and being able to be outside this time of year is a real bonus!!

Canadian Saver said...

Oh that is so cool! I think I could really get into geo caching.. sounds like you had a lot of fun!!